OCTOBER – ‘Volunteering & Beyond’ Mr Stuart Ferguson
Many thanks to Mr Ferguson who gave the talk at our recent meeting on 23.10.2017 (Volunteering & Beyond: A Roadmap for Scottish engagement in Global Health). His key messages were:
1. International professional volunteering by NHS workers is common but inconsistently supported by the health service
2. Global health activity by our workers brings clear personal, professional and system benefits
3. The Scottish Government has made a clear commitment to global citizenship in all government activities
4. Global citizenship in the health service should result in a clearer support of responsible international volunteering which is mutually beneficial to the Scottish NHS and partner systems overseas.
APRIL – ‘Dementia: Giving Hope on a difficult journey’ Dr Adrian Treloar
- “We are very grateful to Dr Adrian Treloar for his excellent talk entitled ‘Dementia: Giving Hope on a difficult journey’ on Saturday 29th April 2017. Dr Treloar discussed both spiritual and practical advice for healthcare staff and carers on caring for people with dementia. Thank you Dr Treloar!!”
Annual White Mass – Feb 2017
The annual White Mass for all Catholic doctors, nurses & health practitioners was held in St Mary’s Cathedral, Edinburgh on Sunday 12th Feb 2017 celebrated by Archbishop Leo Cushley
SCMA Annual Talk & AGM – Saturday 24 September 2016
‘Merciful like the Father’ – Talks on the theme of Mercy for Healthcare Workers in the Year of Mercy. See below to download our Flyer.
Antenatal Palliative Care Meeting – Saturday 18 June 2016
The Turnbull Ethics Group Spring/Summer meeting will be held on 18 June 2016 at 10.30 am. See document below for further details. For preparation and catering purposes we would be grateful, if you are attending, to let us know by the end of May.
Annual White Mass – Feb 2016
The annual White Mass for all doctors, nurses and health practitioners will be held in Paisley at St Mirin`s Cathedral on Sunday 7th February 2016 at the 12 noon Service and will be led by Bishop John Keenan.